GSA's FINE Peer Mentoring Program is designed for new local and international postgraduate students enrolled in the UNSW Business School.
Pursuing a postgraduate degree can be an overwhelming experience. GSA's FINE Peer Mentoring Program helps new students - local and international - build Friendships, share Information, expand their Network and feel Empowered to create their own future!
The program matches current and successful postgraduate students (Mentors) with the new postgraduate students (Mentees) in the UNSW Business School. The program consists of One-to-One meet ups and group meetings in addition to online correspondence.
Peer mentoring is a relationship building journey. There are many positive benefits to both the Mentors and Mentees. Some of the benefits associated with participating in the program are the opportunity to:
- develop self-awareness and enrich personal development;
- improve communication and interpersonal skills;
- build lifelong friendships;
- make your transition to UNSW one of ease and joy; and
- build your network!
Every Mentee is assigned a mentor who will help them with the transition process and will be your buddy to answer all your questions. There will be a day schedule later in the semester - 3M day - which is an interactive and social day out which will include games, social interaction, snacks and a lot of fun!
The program runs in Semester 1 and Semester 2; and starts in O-Week and ends in Week 9 for both semesters.
Applications to become a Mentee close at 11:59pm Friday, 24 February, 2017
Becoming a Mentor
If you are a current postgraduate student in the UNSW Business School with a semester or more under your belt, you can become a mentor!
Becoming a Mentor will mean:
- receiving Peer Mentor Training;
- the opportunity to develop your interpersonal and communication skills;
- the opportunity to develop transferrable skills and thereby strengthen your professional experience;
- the opportunity to make a difference to the UNSW Community;
- being part of a great team! ; and
- receiving a Certificate of Participation.